M-KOPA is a mobile technology company that uses mobile payments to offer consumer financing for energy products and services, targeted at off-grid users. The M-KOPA payment system uses mobile payments as a way to slowly pay for renewable energy for a range of applications such as solar lighting or mobile charging.
M-KOPA is seeking a skilled and motivated Lead Business Analyst to help in the process of developing the growing M-KOPA system.
M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title: Lead Business Analyst
Position Start: As Soon As Possible
Reporting to: Product Manager
Collaboratively designing solutions to meet business and user needs.
- Collecting, understanding and analyzing operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Documenting all business requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Engaging business users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
- Engaging business users and the technology team in design of M-KOPA’s systems with a view to maximizing value for all involved
- Ensuring the user experience in M-KOPA systems is optimal
- Developing new business processes that have an impact on M-KOPA’s systems and making improvements on existing ones
- Suggesting improvements to M-KOPA’s systems by studying current practices and conceptualizing solutions to challenges arising
- Developing user documentation and training manuals
Education: Preferred: Technology Related Degree
Experience: Required: At least 5 years in a similar position, 3 years in a supervisory role
Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to analyze and document complex business requirements.
- Aptitude for solving unstructured problems and making decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Strong team leadership skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage own time with changing priorities in an agile environment
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills – ability to explain complexity easily to a non-technical stakeholder group.
- Strong understanding and able to articulate risks, issues and dependencies.
- Analytical mind-set and ability to see the big picture.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to assist and coach other team members
- Working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience working on UX modelling
Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
To apply, send a CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to email@example.com with the subject “EV-LBA-2092”.
Deadline for application is 5pm on Sunday 9th October, 2016.
M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers.
The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world's leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.
In under 2 years since commercial launch (Oct 2012), M-KOPA has connected over 100,000 homes in East Africa to solar power. As of Q4 2014 the company is adding over 10,000 new homes each month and employs nearly 500 full time staff with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, the UK and Hong Kong. M-KOPA works in partnership with leading mobile network operators including Safaricom in Kenya, and is busy developing additional pay-as-you-go products and services. The company has also begun licensing its technology to partners in markets outside East Africa.
In 2013 M-KOPA was given the Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award by the Financial Times and IFC, and in 2014 was selected by Bloomberg New Energy Finance as the world's top New Energy Pioneer. The company's innovative business model has been profiled in leading global media including The Economist, the BBC, Bloomberg, the Financial Times and Wired.